AS3722 Power Management Unit
4 buck DC-DC, 24A DC-DC controller, 12 LDOs, general purpose ADC
The programmable power management unit AS3722 features 4x DCDC buck converters, 3x buck converter (6A to 24A) and 11 low noise LDOs. The high level of integration and the 4MHz switching frequencies ensure small system footprint.
- 4 DCDC step down regulators (3-4MHz)
- 3 DCDC step down controller with automatic phase shedding
- 11 universal LDOs (one with DCDC tracking feature)
- Low power real time clock (<1uA)
- Programmable stand-by sequence
- Compact design due to small coils for IO and memory voltage generation
- High current generation with external power stages to minimize PMIC power dissipation
- Multiple independent voltage rails for general purpose IO supplies
|DC-DC step up converters [ ]|
|DC-DC step down converters||8phase + 2phase + 2phase + 4A +2A + 2x1.5A|
|Special LDOs [mA]|
|Universal LDOs [mA]||12 x 300|
|Current sinks [mA]|
|Charge pump [V/mA]|
|General purpose ADC||10-bit, 12 channel|
|Customizable startup sequences||programmable|
The device is suitable for Tablet PCs, NetBooks, portable media players, solid state disk drives, embedded systems.
Reference designs from processor vendors and partners of ams are available for many processor types.