AS8530 LIN IC
8-pin LIN companion IC
The AS8530 is a power management and communication device for LIN sensor and actuator slaves. It provides a LIN transceiver, a voltage regulator, a 2-wire microcontroller interface through shared pins to communicate configuration, diagnostic and status data to the micro controller, to trigger a window watchdog and to access 8 backup registers, all in an 8-pin SOIC package. The addition of enhanced diagnosis functions provides built-in support for the requirements of ISO26262. The AS8530 has passed successfully the Lin 2.1 Conformance Test.
Not Recommended for New Designs!
ams AG is discontinuing production of this device. Final lifetime buy order must be placed by December 31, 2017.
- LIN 2.0/2.1 transceiver, load independent slew control
- LDO for 5V or 3.3V output – selected by factory programming
- Serial 2-wire interface for diagnosis and status readout, watch dog trigger, backup register access
- Normal-, standby or sleep operating modes
- Window watch dog
- Enhanced diagnosis features for functional safety applications
- LIN IC in small SOIC8 package for good form factor
- LIN 2.1 Standard
- Fexibiltiy due to various factory options
|Typical standby quiescent current [µA]||37|
|Operating supply range [V]||6 to 18|
|Regulated output voltage [V]||3.3 or 5|
|Ambient Temperature Range [°C]||-40 to +125|
- Window lift
- Sun roof
- Battery Sensor (low side)
- Seat Positioning
- Mirror Adjustment
- Rain Sensor
The AS8530 is suitable for any LIN-networked sensor and actuator slaves including those found in door modules, sunroofs and headlight positioning units. It is ideally suited for safety-critical systems that require an ASIL grading under the provisions of the ISO26262 standard.