FlexRay™ enhanced standard transceiver for high temperature applications
The AS8222 is the worldwide first FlexRay™ Transceiver, which can be used in harsh automotive applications with extended temperature ranges. It is a high-speed fault tolerant device operating as interface between a generic FlexRay™ Communication Controller and the copper wiring. The AS8222 is designed to extend the application range for high speed and safety critical time triggered bus systems in an automotive environment.
- Data transfer up to 10 Mbit/s
- Conforming to FlexRay™ V2.1 Rev B
- Very low Sleep and Standby current
- RoHS conform SSOP 20-pin package or bare-dice delivery
- Operating temperature range -40°C up to +150°C
- Bare-dice up to 165°C operating temperature
- Enhanced diagnostic features for monitoring
- Bus Guardian interface
|Supply voltage||VBAT 5.5 - 40|
|Temperature range [°C]||-40 to +150|
The AS8222 FlexRay™ Standard Transceiver is best fitting for high temperature powertrain applications like transmission control and motor controls. The device addresses all ECUs connected to the permanent battery supply (terminal 30). The AS8222 can be used as the only ECU wake-up component with it’s very low-power consumption in SLEEP mode.