ams develops and manufactures high performance analog semiconductors that solve its customers’ most challenging problems with innovative solutions.
ams’ products are aimed at applications which require extreme precision, accuracy, dynamic range, sensitivity, and ultra-low power consumption. ams’ product range includes sensors, sensor interfaces, power management ICs and wireless ICs for customers in the consumer, industrial, medical, mobile communications and automotive markets.
ams’ headquarters are in Premstaetten near Graz, Austria. Key research and development facilities are based in 20 design centers worldwide. Employing around 3,300 people in over 20 countries, ams operates direct sales offices in all major regions of the world. It has a network of channel partners around the globe, including its worldwide distribution partners DigiKey, Future Electronics and Mouser.
ams is listed on the SIX Swiss stock exchange (ticker symbol: AMS).
- Optical Sensors
- Audio Sensors
- Environmental Sensors
- Imaging Sensors
- CMOS Imaging Sensors
- Position Sensors
- Specialty Sensors
- Wireless Connectivity
- Power Management
- ASICs - Industrial, medical and automotive
- Foundry Services
- 200mm (8”) wafer fabrication plant in Graz, Austria
- Advanced CMOS, HVCMOS and SiGe processes
- Strategic technology partnership with TSMC
- Strategic technology partnership with IBM
- Foundry partner UMC, Test partner OKINS
- Assembly partners FCI, Amkor, ASE, Carsem, Hana
- Test facilities in Graz and Calamba (Philippines)
- Fully automotive qualified
- TS16949 certificate
- ISO13485 certificate
- ISO 9001 certificate
- Environmental certificates: ISO14001
- Energy management certificates: ISO 50001
Financial information, fiscal year 2016
- Group revenues: €549.9m (2015: €623.1m)
- Net income: €102.9m (2015: €148.7m)
- Cash flow: €82.3m (2015: €152.9m)